illustration by eva hjeltel at peppercookies.com

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Come on, puddin'!



As a kid, I would always eat those chocolate pudding snack packs. Even Adam Sandler was eating them in Billy Madison. I was never a fan of yogurt but was always jealous of people who would peel off the foil tops on their yogurts and lick them like it was whipped goodness. Well, I one-upped them by whipping out my puddin' cup and licking the chocolate covered foil cover on that. Ha! Oh middle school lunch table wars...sorry, I digress.

Since then I have stopped licking foil and haven't had a cup of chocolate flavored vegetable oil, milk, and sugar  in quite some time. But I still love anything smooth, creamy and sweet! Especially this pudding recipe. It's another one that I'll eat directly out of the vitamix because it's just too good to wait for it to hit a bowl.

Avocado Banana Pudding
2 bananas, peeled (best to use really ripe ones since they're sweeter)
1/2 avocado
2 or 3 pitted dates


Combine bananas, avocado and dates in vitamix or food processor and puree until smooth.  If you'd like a topping, strawberries or blueberries taste great. It's a perfect (easy!) after dinner treat. Enjoy!

If you're going to save some for later, cover with plastic wrap but press it down directly on top of the pudding to keep it from turning really brown.

Images from Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be making this tomorrow...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete