illustration by eva hjeltel at peppercookies.com

Thursday, October 20, 2011

In Love With...


Last time I was in Grenada, I picked up some dark chocolate that was made there locally.  I’ve been having it as a sweet treat after dinner some nights and it really hits the spot. But my stash is running dangerously low and another trip to Grenada is not in the near future.  Lucky for me I’ve found a chocolate that I LOVE to get me through. 

Created by two fellow students of IIN, Nibmor chocolate is AWESOME.  I picked up a bar the last time I was in Whole Foods.  It’s not as bitter as other dark chocolates, perfectly creamy, and melts in your mouth.  It’s completely organic, vegan and free from dairy, gluten, and genetically modified ingredients.  It’s also made with agave nectar rather then sugar which won’t spike your blood sugar (making it friendly to diabetics) since it has the glycemic index of about an apple.  I also noticed it has lower fat and calories than my chocolate from Grenada for a greater portion size. 

I picked up the original kind but they also have bars with almonds, caco nibs, or brown rice.  I’m going online to order a case right now since my one bar won’t make it 24 hours in my house.  I highly recommend you try it out and let me know what you think!

PS. Stay tuned for a recipe I’ll be posting for an easy homemade chocolate treat!

1 comment: